Welcome

Welcome to Spring Semester 2012 
Foundations of Color Class!

I'm very much looking forward to sharing my knowledge of color photography with you, and I can only hope you are just as excited to explore the creative world of color photography!

Before getting started, I wanted to point out that I like to begin each class with a quote from a famous photographer that relates to that week's discussion material.  I think it's a fun way to introduce the lecture and I hope you enjoy them.  Below is our first quote from Louis Daguerre, who in 1837 invented the daguerreotype - which was really the first practical photographic process which put us on the road to where we are today (...and yes I know daguerreotypes are not in color!).  

“There is nothing else to be desired but the presentations of these children of light to the astonished eye in the full splendour of their colors.” - Louis Daguerre